- ( Read more... )
- London: As some may know, I got down to London at the beginning of the month. I had originally planned for this little holiday to take place during the September weekend, but it all got bumped back a week and ended up being very last minute but you know what? That made it all the more kick-ass. Loved hanging out with my dear siddymouche and hazeloakleigh and seriously, we need to plan for it to happen again for more epic Rock Band sessions
- University: Ugh ... love my course, love what I'm learning, everything else can bugger off for all I care at the moment.
- Power Rangers/Super Sentai: Origins ep of PRS this weekend. Will need to wait to see when I can check it out since the UK scheduling is basically just repeating the first 8 eps. ALL THE TIME. On the other hand, it looks like we're getting Luka, Ahim, and Don backstories soon in Gokaiger which I am ridiculously excited for. (I have this huge theory about how Marvelous shares Sam Vimes view on monarchy and I'd love to see what canon says about it)
- YOUNG DRACULA: 31st October! Word of Joss Agnew himself! I cannot explain how ridiculously excited I am about this series starting back. 'Course, I do worry for international fans - like my friend C - who won't get it for a while. So far I hven't been able to find any way to help out; and if iplayer downloads lasted longers than a week I don't think there'd be a problem. Sigh. Something will luck up.
- Going to see the THREE MUSKATEERS in the cinema tomorrow with the Dad. Will probably give a review
Title: First Time For Tea
Fandom: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Characters: Ahim de Famille, Marvelous
Prompt: Tea time
Notes: For hadeniikuze. I sincerely hope you enjoy this my dear, and it doesn’t suck too badly for my first fic in the fandom. It ended up a little longer than I had expected.
( Read more... )
Have started Sinkenger and have gotten to episode 18 ... and it's only really with the introduction of Genta that this show is having an impression on me. Now, to make it clear - Gokaiger I loved from the first episode. Magiranger had me enchated by episode 4, but for this? ... Out of the 18 episodes I've watched, only 4 of them actually stick in mind. And ... I don't know why I'm having this issue. I quite like the characters, and the premise is interesting enough, I just seem to find it bloody boring. But, like I said, I've gotten to Genta and the show finally seems to be sinking in, so we'll see how we go from here
Gokaiger's 199 Heroes Battle movie came out yesterday and I am resigned to the fact that it'll be December before I see it. I really wish there was a way for Tokusatsu to be exported in a slightly more efficient way - though I adore and love Power Rangers to pieces I would love to be able to pick up some of these movies on dvd. Then again, I live in the UK and getting any type of non-UK produced media can be hard enough - and then the industries wonder why people are illegally downloading more. Actually, I'm referring more to this awesome looking action figure when I speak of this but the point stands for dvds and the like as well!
I've recently been listening to the soundtrack for Mozart, l'opera rock on youtube and I've fallen in love slighty, even though I can't understand a word. It's grand, it's theatrical, it's all in French ... it's just one of the many things I've looked at due to being bored and then fallen in love with as its stuck with me past the boredom. It happens a lot. I'm in luck with this one though, the cd/dvd is available via amazon. No idea if it has English subtitles, but I'll learn!
And lastly ... I got the results for the 2nd year of university in. I passed everything - and quite brilliantly for some modules. Bring on the 3rd year. (But please let my 21st before hand result in money so I can afford my third year)
Okay, so I've not really been in great health the past couple of days, and used the fact that I was confined to my room to marathon Magiranger, including the two 'movies' that came with it. Why did I chose to start with this sentai? Well, it was the first one that reappeared in Gokaiger so... What can I say, I'm easily swayed by certain things. Like always, I did a bit of research into the sentai before I started watching, mostly character names and the like because my spelling is terrible and I wanted to make sure I'd write them correctly when I came to this review. Okay, let's begin!
( Possible spoilers )
Right, and now here is where I turn to my flist for her. See, I plan to watch at least the sentais that have been later adapted to Power Rangers, but I need help on picking which ones. Here's the list, please recommend!
- Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger
- Gosei Sentai Dairanger
- Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
- Chouriki Sentai Ohranger
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger
- Denji Sentai Megaranger
- Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
- Rescue Sentai GoGoFive
- Mirari Sentai Timeranger
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
- Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger
- Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
Mahou Sentai Magiranger
- Go Go Sentai Boukenger
- Juken Sentai Gekiranger
- Engine Sentai Go-onger
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger